NSF 2020 Corona virus update

Home / Festival News / NSF 2020 Corona virus update
NSF 2020 Corona virus update

Dear Festival Supporter,

In the light of Government recommendations it is with deep regret and sorrow that the Festival Board has taken the decision to cancel the 2020 Newbury Spring Festival which was due to take place in May. This decision has been made not only to ensure the safety of our audience, artists and members of staff but also due to the inability of our international artists to travel and venues being closed on Government advice.

We hope it might be possible to stage a “Mini Season” in the Autumn, subject to our ability to do so and national guidelines. As a Festival we have always been committed to music for the young and we very much hope to re-open our schools education programme when we can. Please keep an eye on our website for updates on our future plans.

We will be in touch with you in due course to discuss your booking and please bear with us while we attempt to contact everybody involved.

The Newbury Spring Festival relies entirely on ticket sales, sponsorship and donations to survive. We therefore ask if you would kindly consider donating your ticket money (or part of it) directly to the Festival. Please e-mail the Newbury Spring Festival office ([email protected]) should you wish to do so. Every penny will enable us to plan ahead with confidence.

During this challenging time, we’ll be considering how we might be able to help our community.  We send our supporters, audiences and colleagues our encouragement, support and best wishes for their health and well-being.

Julian Chadwick

Chairman, Newbury Spring Festival

Should you feel able to support the Newbury Spring Festival, please click on the word Donate.