Nicholas Daniel founded the Britten Oboe Quartet together with his colleagues and co-principals of the award-winning Britten Sinfonia; they all bring to this ensemble not only the highest musical standards but also the experience of playing together over many years, resulting in warm, expressive and above all enjoyable playing.
They bring music of the highest quality to audiences and to explore lesser-known works, both from Britain and from abroad, culminating in Mozart’s famous oboe quartet.
Conductor / Performers
- Nicholas Daniel – oboe & cor anglais
- Jacqueline Shave – violin
- Clare Finnimore – viola
- Caroline Dearnley – cello
- MUSGRAVE Cantilena
- SHAVE Machair to Myrrh (string trio)
- FRANCAIX Cor Anglais quartet
- MOZART Adagio (for Cor Anglais quartet)
- COLIN MATTHEWS Quartet no2
- MOZART Quartet in C major
An hour of delightful, varied and expertly played music
Richard Fairman, Financial Times, June 2017